Volunteering with the Myasthenia Gravis Association of Western Pennsylvania
MGA Volunteers provide support to the entire organization and the MG community we serve. Volunteers take part in a variety of roles, all of which are instrumental in delivering quality care and support to our patients and their families. To learn more about volunteer opportunities with MGA, please call our office at 412-566-1545 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer with MGA, please complete MGA Volunteer Application and return it to the MGA Office via mail (505 Jackson Drive, Apollo, PA 15613) or email (email@example.com).
Plan a third party fundraiser to support the Myasthenia Gravis Association of Western Pennsylvania (MGA)
Third Party Fundraising Events:
- Third Party Fundraising Events are events organized and hosted by you! As the event organizer, you are responsible for organizing and hosting your fundraising event.
- The money raised at your third party fundraising event goes to benefit the MGA General Donation Fund unless requested in writing otherwise.
- Some potential ideas for Third Party Fundraising Events…
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser to recognize a birthday, anniversary or other special day
- Establish an EBay Store to sell your crafts or other items
- Host a party (painting, jewelry, Pampered Chef) to benefit MGA
- Partner with a local restaurant or bar to have a “MGA Night” where a portion of each check is donated to MGA
- Plan a “major” event – golf outing, sports tournament, 5K walk/run, a “Thon” event, or a concert/show
- Create a virtual event – on-line auction, trivia night, cooking demonstration – show us your skills!
- Don’t see what you’re looking for? Be creative – the sky’s the limit! Your passions and hobbies are unique, and we want to support you in your desire to host your one-of-a-kind fundraising event!
- MGA is here to help! MGA can assist with…
- Brainstorming ideas about your event
- Guidance with creating promotional materials for your event
- Supplementing volunteers to help staff your event
- Help in promoting your event to existing MGA supporters
- Be sure to read thoroughly through the Third Party Fundraising Event Policies and Guidelines information before filling out your event application.
- To apply to host an event, please go to the Third Party Fundraising Event Application page, complete the event application, and return it to the MGA Office via mail (505 Jackson Drive, Apollo, PA 15613) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Within 72 hours of submitting a Third Party Fundraising Event Application, a MGA representative will follow-up with you via email or phone. If you do not receive an email or phone call within 72 hours, please call the MGA Office at 412-566-1545.